The Work of the Center for Countering Disinformation Has Been Presented to the Ambassadors of the Foreign Countries
Head of the Center for Countering Disinformation Polina Lysenko presented to the diplomats the goals, objectives, principles and directions of its work.
The tasks of the Center will include:
- establishment of a holistic state policy to counter information threats;
- building a system of strategic communications;
- countering special information operations of the aggressor state;
- creating an integrated system for assessing information threats and giving prompt response to them;
- countering destructive propaganda and disinformation;
- development of interaction between the state and civil society institutions in countering information threats;
- formation of a positive image of Ukraine worldwide;
- improving the media literacy of society.
In their turn, representatives of diplomatic missions in Ukraine welcomed the establishment of the Center for Countering Disinformation, appraised Ukraine’s efforts to combat hybrid threats, and expressed readiness to further provide our country with the necessary support.